|Let's eat! photo at fotosearch.com|
So enjoy this soup, and when I make it for the first time this fall, I'll take a few pictures to share with you. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures of grilling burgers!
“Come join Soup-a-Palooza at TidyMom and Dine and Dish sponsored by Bush’s Beans, Hip Hostess, Pillsbury and Westminster Crackers”
2 lb ground beef
3/4 c. chopped onion
3/4 c. shredded carrots
3/4 c. diced celery
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
4 Tbsp butter
3 c. chicken broth
4 c. diced peeled potatoes
1/4 c. flour
8 oz processed American Cheese cubed
1 1/2 c. milk
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. sour cream
1. In a 3-quart saucepan, brown beef; drain & set aside.
2. In same pan, saute onion, carrots, celery, basil & parsley in 1 Tbsp butter until veggies are tender.
3. Add broth, potatoes and beef. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer, cover for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender. **
4. Meanwhile in a small skillet, melt remaining butter, add flour to make a roux and cook while stirring for 3-5 minutes, or until bubbly. Add to soup, bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
5. Reduce to low heat, add cheese, milk & salt & pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts.
6. Remove from heat. Just before serving, stir in sour cream.
7. We like to serve with a dollop of sour cream, a little crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese and onions or cilantro on top. (My boys used to add ketchup, and it drove me nuts at first, but then I realized it was a CHEESEBURGER Soup!)
**I often use a crockpot instead of a saucepan. I throw the browned beef, sauteed veggies, potatoes and broth in a crockpot. Turn it on high and cook for 2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Then turn to low until 30 minutes before serving. Add the roux, cheese, milk & S&P, turn to high for 30 minutes. Add sour cream just before serving.
could you put this in the crockpot on low for a longer time? DM me email cuz I'll forget to check back to get your answer, sorry, just being honest!ReplyDelete
Hi Debbie! I made cheeseburger soup yesterday. It was HOT in North Dakota but is definitely a new Fall soup favorite!ReplyDelete
Katie from ND
Cheeseburger chowder is a fave at our house Debbie. This receipe looks awesome!! I can't wait to try it out!! Yummo!! Thanks! :D JeannieReplyDelete