Even though I write about my life and my kids and my cows...(you get the picture)...I don't usually write about "Me!" Because of a writing prompt in Everyday Mama's Blog Hop, I decided to find 25 things you might not know about me! So here we go:
1. I used to be a perfectionist--having five kids in 4 1/2 years changed all that! There is now no such thing as perfection in my life.
2. I have one sister...that's it! I figured that 2 kids would complete my amazing life--until Baby #3, then #4 & #5 came along! Wow! I had no idea big families were this fun.
3. My favorite color is green--I like various shades of green, but green it is!
4. Sitting still is hard for me, so on year, on vacation I taught myself to tat lace. Seriously!
5. I finished college in 3 1/2 years--I met this amazing guy who graduated and moved away and I was anxious to get on with my life, so I took 23 hours a couple semesters and hustled up my college experience. We've been married for 22 years now. :)
6. I love to cook, but I hate doing dishes. Online recipes are my newest passion.
7. My desk is always piled up--I am a "piler" not a "filer." Which often causes problems because my husband is Filer.
8. I wear flip flops all summer long--and I don't know how to walk quietly in them! "FLIP--FLOP!"
9. My friends say I have a terrible poker face--whatever I am thinking is written on my face. Oh, and I talk with my hands. Don't sit too close to me!
10. My favorite drink is lime margaritas on the rocks with salt on the rim...okay, you may have already known that. But it is important!
11. I love to camp and snow ski--not together, but those are labor intensive activities for the mom and I LOVE them.
12. I used to work for a radio station...which worked nicely with my loud, deep voice. As a kid my mom used to shush me saying, "shhhhh, your voice carries!"
13. My hair grows very fast--you might see me with long hair one day and short hair the next. I cut about 8 inches off it about every 5 years. I get tired of ponytails.
14. I don't lie--I can't stand liars. I might share too much information, but it is never a lie.
15. I paint my toenails--usually dark purple!
16. I love cowboy boots--dress boots, work boots, everyday boots...I have them all and wear them lots!
17. I am a techie nerd. I taught myself HTML programming years ago to make a website for my parents' ranch. I even scrapbook digitally--I can't sit at a table with a cricut or whatever it is...I do it in Photoshop!
18. Speaking of scrapbooking, I only have one book started for my five kids. The photos are all stuffed in a set of drawers or on a hard drive and one day I'll have time to put them all together...yeah, right!
19. I was born in Ohio at the university hospital. So I'm a Buckeye deep down, although on the surface I'm a Kstate wildcat...I do bleed purple!
20. I love to read, but don't have much time so I listen to the bestsellers on audio book. Have you read/heard The Help on audiobook? AWESOME!
21. I love to make Christmas presents. We once had a totally "homemade" Christmas and I loved it!
22. I cry at weddings--and funerals--whether I know the person, or not!
23. I am a huge Harry Potter fan! I re-read all the books and watch the movies all the time.
24. Lattes are my favorite--Starbucks/McDonalds/Caribou... or even homemade from my own kitchen.
25. The most difficult 12 weeks of my life were when I was pregnant with the twins and I was on total bedrest. I had 3 toddlers and couldn't even stand up to cook them supper. I had help all day and night to care for them while I did what I needed to do for my twins. They were born 5 1/2 weeks early and were perfectly healthy at 6 lbs 2 oz, and 6 lbs 4 oz. Identical boys and we are so blessed I could carry them so close to term.
So there you have it....25 things you may not have known about me! Your turn....